Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
PyStar Minneapolis - Programming Workshops for Women and Their Friends
Saturday, March 26, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (CDT)
PLEASE ADD YOURSELF TO THE WAITLIST! WE MAY OPEN MORE SPOTS!
* attendees can be new to programming, or experienced
* audience is 'women and their friends'. Non-female people may attend if they are the guest of a female self-identified person.
* technologies: git, ssh, python, django, test-driven development.
You will need:
* a laptop running Windows XP or later, Mac OS X 10.5 or greater, or some flavor of Linux or BSD.
* there is a setup event on 3/25 from 6-8pm. You need to attend this as well to get set up, or schedule some alternate time! Get tickets for both!
* we also need teachers and staff! If you have programmed before, consider becoming an assistant!
* Please ask if you need child care (or assistance), ASL interpretation, mobility access, or help with other access barriers. Clockwork is mobility accessible.
When & Where
The PyStar program is a workshop designed to teach all women (including trans women) and their friends who are looking to learn how to program in a friendly non-alpha-geek environment.